Although the citywide Key to NYC program has ended, MoMath requires all visitors to wear a mask and those ages five and up to show acceptable proof of full vaccination (two doses) against COVID-19. (Note: MoMath does not accept digital images or photocopies of vaccination cards.)
Welcome to the National Museum of Mathematics!
MoMath, the National Museum of Mathematics, is an award-winning museum that highlights the role of mathematics in illuminating the patterns and structures all around us. Its dynamic exhibits, galleries, and programs are designed to stimulate inquiry, spark curiosity, and reveal the wonders of mathematics. The Museum’s innovative exhibits will engage visitors of every age, from 1 to 100!
Check out this viral video about MoMath
- Open now in Composite, the gallery at MoMath: Traces, revealing the stunning hidden patterns of moving objects (in person)
- Sign up for Transformations 2022, the summer camp at MoMath (in person)
- Every Monday through Thursday — PuzzleTime with MoMath and MathPickle: a puzzle series for students through adults (online)
- Jun 14 — Loving Math: stories, games, and laughter in a hilariously fun children’s series (for grades K–3) (online)
- Jun 14 — Student Sessions: “Discovering Polyominoes” (for grades K–3) (online)
- Jun 14 — Polyhedra Party with Chaim Goodman-Strauss (online)
- Jun 14 — QED: Pitfalls for Parents (online)
- Jun 14 — Probability and Intuition: an exclusive, puzzle-focused dinner event (in person)
- Jun 15 — Free Math Gym, a workout for your brain (online)
- Jun 15 — Student Sessions: “Exhibit Explorations: Math Square” (for grades 2–6) (online)
- Jun 15 — Volumes, the MoMath book club (online)
- Jun 16 — Student Sessions: “Hailstone Numbers” (for grades 3–6) (online)
- Jun 16 — Ask a Mathematician — Anything! with Steven Strogatz (online)
- Jun 16 — Math Discovery: “Secrets of Telling Secrets” (for grades 3–6) (in person)
- Jun 17 — Student Sessions: “Ghostly Graphs” (for grades 1–4) (online)
- Jun 17 — Folding Fridays, learn to fold unique origami designs (online)
Ongoing Educational Programs
- Field trips for K–12 classes!
- MoMath Online: Student Sessions (pre-K–12), with select classes free
- MathPlay, the preschool program at MoMath
- Math Discovery, educator-led sessions for students and their families/caregivers from the Museum
MoMath on TV!
Recognition and Awards
The National Museum of Mathematics (MoMath) is pleased to have received the following recognition:
- Art by the Numbers: At the National Museum of Mathematics, origami helps bridge the gap between art and math and finds the beauty in both (The New York Times, 2019)
- Editors’ Choice Award: The National Museum of Mathematics is a Top Date Spot for Intellectually Curious People in NYC (DatingNews.com, 2019)
- NYC’s 10 best offbeat and hidden museums (6sqft, 2019)
- MoMath: The National Museum of Mathematics in NYC Helps Adults and Children Better Understand the Universal Language Behind Finance (CardRates.com, 2019)
- Communications Award for Public Outreach (Joint Policy Board for Mathematics, 2016)
- Most Fascinating Museum in New York State Worth Traveling For (FlipKey by TripAdvisor, 2015)
- Best Museum for Kids (New York Magazine, 2013)
- MUSE Award for Education and Outreach (bronze) (American Alliance of Museums, 2013)
Programs for families
Take a tour with MoMath’s Derivatives tour program, or join one of MoMath’s specially-trained educators in Math Discovery, a hands-on classroom experience to discover the wonder of mathematics. Don’t miss your chance to see math in a whole new light, only at MoMath.
Reinvent math class with Expansions, MoMath’s after-school program for gifted students. Learn more and apply now for admission to the Spring 2022 semester.
MathPlay, MoMath’s program for preschoolers
Led by an experienced preschool specialist, MathPlay will engage your children in playful activities to help them develop a strong foundation in math, enriching their day with mathematical inspiration.
Take a field trip to MoMath!
Registration for the 2021–2022 school year is open. Click here to learn more and book your field trips and group visits today.
Teachers: bring exciting math exhibits to your school
Visit mm2go.org to learn about Math Midway 2 Go!
Birthday parties and more at MoMath
Host a one-of-a-kind party for your child (or yourself) at MoMath!
CBS News’ Mo Rocca explores MoMath in this episode of Sunday Morning!