In accordance with NYC’s latest public safety measures, MoMath requires all visitors ages 5 to 11 to show proof of having received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose, while visitors ages 12 and up must show proof of having received at least two doses (unless they have received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine). Click here for a list of acceptable forms of proof (photocopies not accepted).
Welcome to the National Museum of Mathematics!
MoMath, the National Museum of Mathematics, is an award-winning museum that highlights the role of mathematics in illuminating the patterns and structures all around us. Its dynamic exhibits, galleries, and programs are designed to stimulate inquiry, spark curiosity, and reveal the wonders of mathematics. The Museum’s innovative exhibits will engage visitors of every age, from 1 to 100!
Check out this viral video about MoMath
- Jan 28 — Math Discovery: “Crazy Dice” (for grades 5–8) (in person)
- Jan 28 — Folding Fridays: learn to fold unique origami designs (online)
- Jan 28 — Equilibrium, MoMath’s adult evening of mathematical games (online)
- Jan 29 — Math Discovery: “Shape Shifters” (for grades pre-K–2) (in person)
- Jan 30 — Bridge Basics, third session of an eight-week introductory course (online)
- Jan 30 — Tween Primes, the MoMath book club for teens and tweens (online)
- Jan 30 — Unlimited, MoMath’s mix-n-mingle program for students in middle and high school (online)
- Jan 31 — Professional Development Day at MoMath: “Making Multicultural Math” (online)
Ongoing Educational Programs
- Field trips for K–12 classes!
- MoMath Online: Student Sessions (pre-K–12), with select classes free
- MathPlay, the preschool program at MoMath
- Math Discovery, educator-led sessions for students and their families/caregivers from the Museum
MoMath on TV!
Recognition and Awards
The National Museum of Mathematics (MoMath) is pleased to have received the following recognition:
- Art by the Numbers: At the National Museum of Mathematics, origami helps bridge the gap between art and math and finds the beauty in both, The New York Times (2019)
- Editors’ Choice Award: The National Museum of Mathematics is a Top Date Spot for Intellectually Curious People in NYC, DatingNews.com (2019)
- NYC’s 10 best offbeat and hidden museums, 6sqft (2019)
- MoMath: The National Museum of Mathematics in NYC Helps Adults and Children Better Understand the Universal Language Behind Finance, CardRates.com (2019)
- 2016 Communications Award for Public Outreach, Joint Policy Board for Mathematics
- Most Fascinating Museum in New York State worth traveling for, FlipKey by TripAdvisor (2015)
- Best Museum for Kids, New York Magazine (2013)
- 2013 MUSE Award for Education and Outreach (bronze), American Alliance of Museums
Programs for families
Take a tour with MoMath’s Derivatives tour program, or join one of MoMath’s specially-trained educators in Math Discovery, a hands-on classroom experience to discover the wonder of mathematics. Don’t miss your chance to see math in a whole new light, only at MoMath.
Reinvent math class with Expansions, MoMath’s after-school program for gifted students. Learn more and apply now for admission to the Fall 2021 semester.
MathPlay, MoMath’s program for preschoolers
Led by an experienced preschool specialist, MathPlay will engage your children in playful activities to help them develop a strong foundation in math, enriching their day with mathematical inspiration. A new semester starts in Fall 2021!
Take a field trip to MoMath!
Registration for the 2021-2022 school year is open. Click here to learn more and book your field trips and group visits today.
Teachers: bring exciting math exhibits to your school
Visit mm2go.org to learn about Math Midway 2 Go!
Birthday parties and more at MoMath
Host a one-of-a-kind party for your child (or yourself) at MoMath!
CBS News’ Mo Rocca explores MoMath in this episode of Sunday Morning!