The Museum is closed due to the current public health situation. Be sure to check out MoMath’s full menu of online events and student sessions at events.momath.org!
The video of Real and Rational, the 2020 MoMath gala, is now available for FREE. Enjoy this discussion featuring math-and-science based thoughts about the pandemic from two prominent experts, Eric Schmidt and Julie Gerberding. Eric is the former CEO of Google and Co-Founder of Schmidt Futures. Julie is the former director of the CDC and current Executive Vice President and Chief Patient Officer at Merck. Plus, Nate Silver offers his perspective on the upcoming election.
Welcome to the National Museum of Mathematics!
MoMath, the National Museum of Mathematics, is an award-winning museum that highlights the role of mathematics in illuminating the patterns and structures all around us. Its dynamic exhibits, galleries, and programs are designed to stimulate inquiry, spark curiosity, and reveal the wonders of mathematics. The Museum’s innovative exhibits will engage visitors of every age, from 1 to 100!
Check out this viral video about MoMath
- Nov 23 to Nov 27 — MoMath Online: Student Sessions (pre-K – 12), with select classes now free
- Nov 23 to Nov 27 — MathPlay, the preschool program at MoMath
- Dec 2 — Free Math Encounters: “Breaking Up Is Hard To Do: The Art of Decomposition” with Jordan Ellenberg
- Dec 3 — Free Ask a Mathematician — Anything! with Alex Kontorovich
- Dec 4 — Folding Fridays, learn to fold unique origami designs
MoMath on TV!
Recognition and Awards
The National Museum of Mathematics (MoMath) is pleased to have received the following recognition:
- Art by the Numbers: At the National Museum of Mathematics, origami helps bridge the gap between art and math and finds the beauty in both, The New York Times (2019)
- Editors’ Choice Award: The National Museum of Mathematics is a Top Date Spot for Intellectually Curious People in NYC, DatingNews.com (2019)
- NYC’s 10 best offbeat and hidden museums, 6sqft (2019)
- MoMath: The National Museum of Mathematics in NYC Helps Adults and Children Better Understand the Universal Language Behind Finance, CardRates.com (2019)
- 2016 Communications Award for Public Outreach, Joint Policy Board for Mathematics
- Most Fascinating Museum in New York State worth traveling for, FlipKey by TripAdvisor (2015)
- Best Museum for Kids, New York Magazine (2013)
- 2013 MUSE Award for Education and Outreach (bronze), American Alliance of Museums
Weekend programs for families
Take a tour with MoMath’s new Derivatives tour program, or join one of MoMath’s specially-trained educators in Explorations, a hands-on classroom experience to discover the wonder of mathematics. Don’t miss your chance to see math in a whole new light, only at MoMath.
Reinvent math class with Expansions, MoMath’s after-school program for gifted students. Learn more and apply now for admission to the Fall 2020 semester.
MathPlay, MoMath’s program for preschoolers
Led by an experienced preschool specialist, MathPlay will engage your children in playful activities to help them develop a strong foundation in math, enriching their day with mathematical inspiration.
Take a field trip to MoMath!
Registration for the 2020-2021 school year is open. Click here to learn more and book your field trips and group visits today.
Teachers: bring exciting math exhibits to your school
Visit mm2go.org to learn more about Math Midway 2 Go!
Birthday parties and more at MoMath
Host a one-of-a-kind party for your child (or yourself) at MoMath!
CBS News’ Mo Rocca explores MoMath in this television feature!