The Museum is closed due to the current public health situation. Be sure to check out MoMath’s full menu of online events and student sessions at events.momath.org!
Welcome to the National Museum of Mathematics!
MoMath, the National Museum of Mathematics, is an award-winning museum that highlights the role of mathematics in illuminating the patterns and structures all around us. Its dynamic exhibits, galleries, and programs are designed to stimulate inquiry, spark curiosity, and reveal the wonders of mathematics. The Museum’s innovative exhibits will engage visitors of every age, from 1 to 100!
Check out this viral video about MoMath
- Expansions gifted program at MoMath, is currently accepting applications.
- Transformations, MoMath’s online summer camp, is open for registration with ongoing sessions through September 4.
- MathPlay Summer, MoMath’s summer program for preschoolers, is open for registration.
- MathPlay Mini, MoMath’s drop-in program for preschoolers is back this summer by popular demand.
- Aug 10 to Aug 14 — MoMath Online: Student Sessions (pre-K – 12), featuring limited free sessions
- Aug 11 — Meet a Mathematician, hosted by Alex Kontorovich, featuring Inna Zakharevich from Cornell University
- Aug 13 — Free Math Gym
- Aug 13 — Free Ask a Mathematician — Anything!
- Aug 13 — Members-only sneak preview! Alternative Perspective opens in Composite, the gallery at MoMath, featuring the artist Anton Bakker (for Museum members only)
- Aug 14 — Folding Fridays, unique origami designs all summer long
- Aug 14 — Free Family Fridays: “Infinite Dreams: The Story and Childhood Games of the Mathematical Genius Ramanujan” with Amy Alznauer
MoMath on TV!
Recognition and Awards
The National Museum of Mathematics (MoMath) is pleased to have received the following recognition:
- Art by the Numbers: At the National Museum of Mathematics, origami helps bridge the gap between art and math and finds the beauty in both, The New York Times (2019)
- Editors’ Choice Award: The National Museum of Mathematics is a Top Date Spot for Intellectually Curious People in NYC, DatingNews.com (2019)
- NYC’s 10 best offbeat and hidden museums, 6sqft (2019)
- MoMath: The National Museum of Mathematics in NYC Helps Adults and Children Better Understand the Universal Language Behind Finance, CardRates.com (2019)
- 2016 Communications Award for Public Outreach, Joint Policy Board for Mathematics
- Most Fascinating Museum in New York State worth traveling for, FlipKey by TripAdvisor (2015)
- Best Museum for Kids, New York Magazine (2013)
- 2013 MUSE Award for Education and Outreach (bronze), American Alliance of Museums
Weekend programs for families
Take a tour with MoMath’s new Derivatives tour program, or join one of MoMath’s specially-trained educators in Explorations, a hands-on classroom experience to discover the wonder of mathematics. Don’t miss your chance to see math in a whole new light, only at MoMath.
Reinvent math class with Expansions, MoMath’s after-school program for gifted students. Learn more and apply now for admission to the Spring 2020 semester.
MathPlay, MoMath’s program for preschoolers
Led by an experienced preschool specialist, MathPlay will engage your children in playful activities to help them develop a strong foundation in math, enriching their day with mathematical inspiration.
Take a field trip to MoMath!
Registration for the 2019-2020 school year is open. Click here to learn more and book your field trips and group visits today.
Teachers: bring exciting math exhibits to your school
Visit mm2go.org to learn more about Math Midway 2 Go!
Birthday parties and more at MoMath
Host a one-of-a-kind party for your child (or yourself) at MoMath!
CBS News’ Mo Rocca explores MoMath in this television feature!