MoMath requires visitors and staff to wear masks in the Museum at all times. Learn more about MoMath’s health and safety policies.
The Museum will close early at 2:30 pm on Tuesday, November 1 and Wednesday, November 2.
Welcome to the National Museum of Mathematics!
MoMath, the National Museum of Mathematics, is an award-winning museum that highlights the role of mathematics in illuminating the patterns and structures all around us. Its dynamic exhibits, galleries, and programs are designed to stimulate inquiry, spark curiosity, and reveal the wonders of mathematics. The Museum’s innovative exhibits will engage visitors of every age, from 1 to 100!
Check out this viral video about MoMath
MoMath is delighted to have been named as one of four finalists in the Arts & Culture category of the NYC Imagine Awards, which recognize and celebrate some of NYC’s most effective and innovative nonprofit organizations.
- Oct 29 — Student Sessions: “Discovering Polyominoes” (for grades K–3) (online)
- Oct 29 — Math Discovery: “Secrets of Telling Secrets” (for grades 3–6) (in person)
- Oct 30 — Math Discovery: “Shape Shifters” (for grades pre-K–2) (in person)
- Oct 30 — Bridge Basics 1, fourth session of an eight-week course (online)
- Oct 30 — Math Discovery: “Secrets of Telling Secrets” (for grades 3–6) (in person)
- Oct 30 — Math Discovery: “Crazy Dice” (for grades 5–8) (in person)
- Oct 30 — Starring Math, discussion of the film Trouble with the Curve, hosted by Tim Chartier (online)
- Oct 31 — Student Sessions: “Secrets of Cryptography” (for grades 3–6) (online)
- Oct 31 — Student Sessions: “Shape Shifters” (for grades pre-K–2) (online)
- Oct 31 — Student Sessions: “Crazy Dice” (for grades 5–8) (online)
- Nov 1 — Loving Math: stories, games, and laughter in a hilariously fun children’s series (for grades K–3) (online)
- Nov 1 — The 2022 MoMath Gala (in person)
- Nov 1 — The Aftermath, a 21+ only afterparty (in person)
Ongoing Educational Programs
- Field trips for K–12 classes!
- MoMath Online: Student Sessions (pre-K–12), with select classes free
- MathPlay, the preschool program at MoMath
- Math Discovery, educator-led sessions for students and their families/caregivers from the Museum
MoMath on TV!
Recognition and Awards
MoMath is pleased to have received the following recognition:
- 2022 NYC Imagine Awards recognizing NYC’s most effective and innovative nonprofit organizations: Finalist in the Arts & Culture category (NYC Imagine Awards, 2022)
- Art by the Numbers: At the National Museum of Mathematics, origami helps bridge the gap between art and math and finds the beauty in both (The New York Times, 2019)
- Editors’ Choice Award: The National Museum of Mathematics is a Top Date Spot for Intellectually Curious People in NYC (DatingNews.com, 2019)
- NYC’s 10 best offbeat and hidden museums (6sqft, 2019)
- MoMath: The National Museum of Mathematics in NYC Helps Adults and Children Better Understand the Universal Language Behind Finance (CardRates.com, 2019)
- Communications Award for Public Outreach (Joint Policy Board for Mathematics, 2016)
- Most Fascinating Museum in New York State Worth Traveling For (FlipKey by TripAdvisor, 2015)
- Best Museum for Kids (New York Magazine, 2013)
- MUSE Award for Education and Outreach (bronze) (American Alliance of Museums, 2013)
Programs for families
Take a tour with MoMath’s Derivatives tour program, or join one of MoMath’s specially-trained educators in Math Discovery, a hands-on classroom experience to discover the wonder of mathematics. Don’t miss your chance to see math in a whole new light, only at MoMath.
Reinvent math class with Expansions, MoMath’s after-school program for gifted students. The application for the 2022–2023 school year is available now.
MathPlay, MoMath’s program for preschoolers
Led by an experienced preschool specialist, MathPlay will engage your children in playful activities to help them develop a strong foundation in math, enriching their day with mathematical inspiration.
Take a field trip to MoMath!
Registration for the 2022–2023 school year is open. Click here to learn more and book your field trips and group visits today.
Teachers: bring exciting math exhibits to your school
Visit mm2go.org to learn about Math Midway 2 Go!
Birthday parties and more at MoMath
Host a one-of-a-kind party for your child (or yourself) at MoMath!
CBS News’ Mo Rocca explores MoMath in this episode of Sunday Morning!