MoMath requires visitors and staff to wear masks in the Museum at all times. Learn more about MoMath’s health and safety policies.
Welcome to the National Museum of Mathematics!
MoMath, the National Museum of Mathematics, is an award-winning museum that highlights the role of mathematics in illuminating the patterns and structures all around us. Its dynamic exhibits, galleries, and programs are designed to stimulate inquiry, spark curiosity, and reveal the wonders of mathematics. The Museum’s innovative exhibits will engage visitors of every age, from 1 to 100!
Check out this viral video about MoMath
MoMath is delighted to have been named as one of four finalists in the Arts & Culture category of the NYC Imagine Awards, which recognize and celebrate some of NYC’s most effective and innovative nonprofit organizations.
- Sep 29 — Student Sessions: “Prime Time” (for grades 1–3) (online)
- Sep 29 — Free Play, an afternoon of free general admission to MoMath! (in person)
- Sep 29 — Meet a Mathematician featuring Michael Lopez; hosted by Tim Chartier (online)
- Sep 29 — Play from the Sidelines: Sports Analytics with Tim Chartier (online)
- Sep 30 — Student Sessions: “Poltergeist Paths” (for grades 4–8) (online)
- Sep 30 — Math Discovery: “Möbius Madness” (for grades 3–6) (in person)
- Sep 30 — Folding Fridays, learn to fold unique origami designs (online)
- Oct 1 — Student Sessions: “Magic Squares” (for grades 2–4) (online)
- Oct 1 — Math Discovery: “Tessellation Station” (for grades K–2) (in person)
- Oct 2 — Free Play, a morning of free general admission to MoMath! (in person)
- Oct 2 — Bridge Basics 1: first session of an eight-week course (online)
- Oct 2 — Anyone Can Mime with Math, a beginning mime class with Tim Chartier (in person)
Ongoing Educational Programs
- Field trips for K–12 classes!
- MoMath Online: Student Sessions (pre-K–12), with select classes free
- MathPlay, the preschool program at MoMath
- Math Discovery, educator-led sessions for students and their families/caregivers from the Museum
MoMath on TV!
Recognition and Awards
MoMath is pleased to have received the following recognition:
- 2022 NYC Imagine Awards recognizing NYC’s most effective and innovative nonprofit organizations: Finalist in the Arts & Culture category (NYC Imagine Awards, 2022)
- Art by the Numbers: At the National Museum of Mathematics, origami helps bridge the gap between art and math and finds the beauty in both (The New York Times, 2019)
- Editors’ Choice Award: The National Museum of Mathematics is a Top Date Spot for Intellectually Curious People in NYC (DatingNews.com, 2019)
- NYC’s 10 best offbeat and hidden museums (6sqft, 2019)
- MoMath: The National Museum of Mathematics in NYC Helps Adults and Children Better Understand the Universal Language Behind Finance (CardRates.com, 2019)
- Communications Award for Public Outreach (Joint Policy Board for Mathematics, 2016)
- Most Fascinating Museum in New York State Worth Traveling For (FlipKey by TripAdvisor, 2015)
- Best Museum for Kids (New York Magazine, 2013)
- MUSE Award for Education and Outreach (bronze) (American Alliance of Museums, 2013)
Programs for families
Take a tour with MoMath’s Derivatives tour program, or join one of MoMath’s specially-trained educators in Math Discovery, a hands-on classroom experience to discover the wonder of mathematics. Don’t miss your chance to see math in a whole new light, only at MoMath.
Reinvent math class with Expansions, MoMath’s after-school program for gifted students. The application for the 2022–2023 school year will be available soon.
MathPlay, MoMath’s program for preschoolers
Led by an experienced preschool specialist, MathPlay will engage your children in playful activities to help them develop a strong foundation in math, enriching their day with mathematical inspiration.
Take a field trip to MoMath!
Registration for the 2022–2023 school year is open. Click here to learn more and book your field trips and group visits today.
Teachers: bring exciting math exhibits to your school
Visit mm2go.org to learn about Math Midway 2 Go!
Birthday parties and more at MoMath
Host a one-of-a-kind party for your child (or yourself) at MoMath!
CBS News’ Mo Rocca explores MoMath in this episode of Sunday Morning!