Recording of Euclid’s Elements: Book I and beyond mini-course
This is a recording of an online event that took place on Thursday, April 27, 2023.
Please note that MoMath’s video recordings are meant to be viewed by only you — kindly do not show this video to others, distribute it, or post it to social media.
To fully participate, please have the following materials handy:
- Colored pencils (optional)
- Any straightedge or ruler, similar to this: a.co/d/hMo4t93.
- A sketch pad, similar to this: a.co/d/3uPzHvo
- A working compass (not a ball compass), similar to this: a.co/d/f1utqLY
- An edition (or two) of Euclid’s Elements (strongly encouraged but not necessary for the first session).
For Euclid’s book editions, these are a good pair:
- Oliver Byrne’s unique and splendid 1847 edition, using colored diagrams in place of geometric notation: a.co/d/jfEvKkh
- Green Lion Press’s edition of Book I with commentary and discussion: a.co/d/2BrMjRQ
Alternatively, you can download a digital copy of the book for free from here: Euclid’s Elements of Geometry
To learn about MoMath’s policies regarding video recordings, visit videos.momath.org.