Monthly at 7:00 pm ET (New York)
Math goes to the movies! Join Distinguished Visiting Professor Steven Strogatz for an hour of discussion about movies that profile legendary mathematicians. Each month you’ll watch the featured film at your convenience, then join Steve and his special guests, who will take us deeper into the making of the film, the math behind it, and the true stories of the mathematicians portrayed.
Though viewing each film is not required for participation, it is suggested that participants stream the movies independently prior to the event.
Please note that this is an online-only event; all registrants will be participating remotely. Occasional video recordings are made available for a fee at videos.momath.org.
Previous Starring Math sessions:
- May 2022: Secrets of the Surface featuring George Csicsery, Erica Klarreich, and Amie Wilkinson
- April 2022: Moneyball featuring Stan Chervin, and Lee Mendelowitz
- March 2022: The Theory of Everything featuring Lisa Randall and Brian Greene
- February 2022: Hidden Figures featuring Talitha Washington and Aprille J. Ericsson
- January 2022: The Imitation Game featuring Janna Levin and Graham Moore
- December 2021: The Man Who Knew Infinity featuring Matthew Brown, Manjul Bhargava, and Ken Ono
- November 2021: Stand and Deliver featuring Tatiana Camacho and Thomas Valdez
- October 2021: A Beautiful Mind featuring Sylvain Cappell, Dave Bayer, and Alex Kontorovich