Monthly at 7:00 pm ET (New York)
Math goes to the movies! Join Distinguished Visiting Professor Tim Chartier for an hour of discussion about movies that have a connection to mathematics, either in their content or their creation. Each month you’ll watch the featured film at your convenience, then join Tim and his special guests, who will take us deeper into the making of the film and the math behind it.
Though viewing each film is not required for participation, it is suggested that participants stream the movies independently prior to the event.
Details of next presentation coming soon!
Please note that this is an online-only event; all registrants will be participating remotely. Occasional video recordings are made available for a fee at videos.momath.org.
Previous Starring Math sessions:
- December 2022: AlphaGo featuring Raghu Ramanujan
- November 2022: Zootopia featuring Rasmus Tamstorf
- October 2022: Trouble with the Curve featuring Scott Shapiro
- September 2022: Flatland featuring Seth Caplan and Dano Johnson
- August 2022: WALL·E featuring Paul Kanyuk
- July 2022: The Proof featuring Simon Singh and Kenneth Ribet
- June 2022: Beautiful Young Minds featuring Saul Glasman, Po-Shen Loh, and Geoff Smith
- May 2022: Secrets of the Surface: The Mathematical Vision of Maryam Mirzakhani featuring George Csicsery, Erica Klarreich, and Amie Wilkinson
- April 2022: Moneyball featuring Lee Mendelowitz and Stan Chervin
- March 2022: The Theory of Everything featuring Lisa Randall and Brian Greene
- February 2022: Hidden Figures featuring Talitha Washington and Aprille J. Ericsson
- January 2022: The Imitation Game featuring Janna Levin and Graham Moore
- December 2021: The Man Who Knew Infinity featuring Matthew Brown, Manjul Bhargava, and Ken Ono
- November 2021: Stand and Deliver featuring Tatiana Camacho and Thomas Valdez
- October 2021: A Beautiful Mind featuring Sylvain Cappell, Dave Bayer, and Alex Kontorovich