Protecting the public
MoMath takes the health and safety of its staff and patrons very seriously and appreciates your understanding and accommodation of the policies below.
- Vaccination status: As part of New York City’s “Key to NYC” program that launched on August 17, 2021, MoMath now requires all visitors, ages 12 and older, to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination before entering the Museum. Those 12 years of age and older must show proof of receiving at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. Acceptable forms showing proof of vaccination (plus your photo ID) are:
- New York State Excelsior App (preferred proof of vaccination)
- Your original (hard copy) CDC vaccination card
- NYC COVID Safe App
- A hard copy of an official vaccination record of a vaccine administered outside the United States for one of the following vaccines: AstraZeneca/SK Bioscience, Serum Institute of India/COVISHIELD and Vaxzevria, Sinopharm, or Sinovac.
- Note: In the interest of best protecting the health and safety of staff and patrons, the Museum is not accepting photos of vaccination cards; please see above for the full list of valid proof of vaccination.
- Masks: Every visitor is required to wear a mask.
- Hand-sanitizing stations: Hand-sanitizing stations are readily available at entrances and throughout the Museum for your use.
- Limited number of visitors and timed-entry: Attendance may be limited at specific times to allow social distancing between groups. Additionally, the Museum has dedicated a select number of mornings for vaccinated-only visitors.
- Disinfecting and cleaning: Exhibits and touch surfaces will be cleaned frequently.
- COVID symptoms: Please avoid visiting if:
- you are feeling unwell; or
- within the past 14 days, you have been diagnosed with COVID-19; or
- within the past 14 days, you have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19 and you have not been fully vaccinated.
By visiting the National Museum of Mathematics, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.