National Museum of Mathematics
2024 Extensions program
1:00 pm to 2:30 pm ET
(for students in grades 6–12)
Join a monthly Zoom session hosted by Chaim Goodman-Strauss, from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm ET, on one Sunday afternoon each month. Chaim is MoMath’s Outreach Mathematician and one of the four researchers who most recently discovered two mathematical breakthroughs: the Hat and the Spectre. Students will learn about probability while also benefiting from enjoying math together in small groups of talented and focused young scholars.
To be eligible to attend this series, students must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Is a current or former student in the MoMath-BNL gifted math program
- Is a current or former student in the MoMath Expansions gifted math program
- Must have successfully completed the ICPS program
- Has been admitted to MoMath’s Expansions gifted math program
- Can demonstrate eligibility in a gifted math program, such as enrollment in a gifted-and-talented program or school; and has applied by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and have been approved by MoMath to participate in this program
Payment in the form of a major credit card is required at the time of online registration.
Space is limited, and students will be registered on a first-come, first-served basis. There are no refunds or credits for missed classes. Also note that ineligible students who register will not receive a refund nor will they be permitted to attend.