"Catch That Ghost!" — a MoMath puzzle hunt for families
In this family-friendly puzzle event, teams of children and their grownups will explore MoMath and midtown Manhattan on a locations-based adventure, using their wits and mathematical knowledge to solve a mystery! This puzzle hunt is designed to be played anytime during staffed checkpoint hours and solvable in approximately three hours by school-age children.
Suggested team size of three to six players. Each player must purchase a ticket, and the number of teams is limited due to event capacity. Team captains, please register early!
Please note the following game rules (important!):
- Registration closes at noon on Friday, October 19, 2018 or when the event has reached capacity, whichever happens first. Teams will be able to check in anytime between 11:00 am and 4:00 pm on Sunday, October 21, 2018. Check-in will be held at MoMath. Other checkpoints will be distributed throughout the midtown area of New York City. Be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes and check the weather forecast.
- We recommend teams of 3-6 players of mostly children. Team captains will be asked to declare his or her teammates in the additional notes field during registration if this information is available; you may request changes after registration by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important that we receive a complete list of players so that your team can be issued the appropriate number of event materials and souvenirs.
- This hunt was designed for children and families, ages nine and up. Hints will be provided by Game Control to address all audiences.
- All adult chaperones must register as a team member; non-players will not be admitted. In accordance with the Museum's supervision policy, all children who are 16 or younger must be accompanied by an adult chaperone while in the Museum; any unchaperoned parties with players under 16 years old will not be admitted into the Museum to complete (critical) portions of this event.
- This is a city-wide scavenger hunt — be smart, resourceful, and vigilant. MoMath cannot be responsible for your safety or provisions beyond the Museum itself. Take care to avoid dangerous areas while out and about in New York City. You are responsible for acquiring your own food, water, and restrooms while exploring locations in New York City beyond the Museum.
- Players may need to show evidence of solved puzzles in order to gain entry to the Museum. Entry to the Museum under the premises of the Puzzle Hunt will be granted at Game Control's sole discretion.
- Registration is non-transferrable, and the Museum cannot issue refunds for any reason. The Museum reserves the right to reschedule the event due to inclement weather. Possible rain dates are Saturday, October 20, 2018 or Sunday, October 28, 2018.
Email email@example.com to ask a question or to sponsor portions of the event.
11 E. 26th St.
New York, NY 10010
|Team Ticket (one set of puzzles)||$ 35.00|
|Additional Player||$ 0.00|