a six-week course
Sundays from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm ET (New York)
This introductory course is offered at two different sets of dates:
Bridge has been called “one of the world’s most popular partnership card games.” If you’ve always wanted to learn to play, MoMath is here to help. Join American Contract Bridge League (ACBL) accredited bridge teacher Dr. Susan J. Fishbein in a six-week program designed to show you the basics. Why does the game have such broad appeal? Bridge stimulates both sides of the brain, from the use of a bidding language to the application of arithmetic, probability, logic, and inference. Join us for six weeks, and take away a hobby for a lifetime!
The course registration fee is $180 (for six two-hour sessions). Only full course registrations will be allowed, and no refunds, credits, or transfers will be permitted for missed sessions or for any other reason.
Please note the following important information about the program before you register:
- Students will be required to purchase the ACBL Bridge Series textbook entitled Bidding in the 21st Century, readily available new and at used prices online at Amazon.
- This online course is designed to introduce the game of bridge to adults; high school students are also welcome.
- Little or no prior knowledge of the game or of cards in general is assumed.
- Each two-hour session will be hosted over Zoom.
- At each session, the instructor will lead class discussion, provide guided instruction and modeling, and explore exercises from the text during the first hour. During the second hour, students will be seated by the instructor at virtual bridge tables to play various pre-arranged bridge hands in order to practice the concepts and skills of each session. The instructor will perform guided supervision, answer questions, and problem solve any bridge hand issues that arise.
Dr. Susan J. Fishbein is an ACBL accredited bridge teacher, an ACBL certified online bridge teacher, and an ACBL member. She is a natural teacher; her career as a high school English teacher and building/district administrator as well as an adjunct professor spanned 40 years. Beginning in 2016, Susan has regularly taught bridge courses at various places, including libraries, schools, and community centers.
These are live-streamed events. Occasional video recordings are made available for a fee at videos.momath.org.