By enrolling your camper in camp at MoMath, you agree to the following policies and grant the following permission to the Museum:
- Transformations begins at 9:00 am and ends at 3:00 pm daily, Monday through Friday.
- Early drop-off is not offered. Doors will open at 9:00 am. Adult chaperones will wait with their campers until doors open. All campers must be signed in by an adult chaperone, unless that camper has a Dismissal Release Waiver on file with MoMath.
- Late pick-up options extend to 4:00 pm and 5:00 pm and will carry an additional fee. These options must be purchased in advance. Single-day extensions may be available (not guaranteed) with at least 24-hours advance notice via email to email@example.com and must be confirmed by the camp director.
- A five-minute grace period will be granted at dismissal. To minimize disruptions to the camp schedule, MoMath will assess late fees of $50 for every 30 minutes or portion thereof that an authorized adult is late to pick up a camper. This amount is payable immediately in the Additions, the shop at MoMath, before departure. Parents/guardians, please make sure your caregivers are fully aware of this policy and that they are provided with the means to provide prompt payment on your behalf as needed.
- An adult must be at MoMath to pick up each camper every day. Campers will not be permitted to leave the premises without an adult unless that camper has attended middle school and has submitted a signed camp dismissal release waiver.
- MoMath does not typically provide lunch for campers. Each camper is expected to bring their own lunch and an optional snack. In the case of financial need, please contact MoMath. Please note: Transformations is a nut-free environment; please do not bring lunch or snacks containing tree nuts or peanuts to camp.
- Acceptable footwear for campers are closed-toe shoes.
- MoMath has a strict no-tipping policy. If you wish to express gratitude to any of the staff who work with your camper, please consider making a donation to the museum in honor of that staffer. All donations are tax-deductible.
- MoMath must have all relevant health and medical information for your camper. Your signature below confirms that all such information has been provided. Please note: MoMath does not have a nurse or other medical professional on the premises.
- Camp activities may take place outside of the Museum, including and beyond Madison Square Park. Adequate and appropriate supervision will be provided for all offsite trips. By enrolling your camper in Transformations, you give permission for your camper to participate in any and all offsite trips from the Museum.
- MoMath cannot provide refunds, credits, or make-up days for any reason.
Health and Safety Protocols
As of March 7, although the citywide Key to NYC program has ended, MoMath requires all visitors ages five and up to show acceptable proof of full vaccination (two doses) against COVID-19. (Note: MoMath does not accept digital images or photocopies of vaccination cards.) Additionally, every visitor is required to wear a mask. Click here to learn more about the Museum’s health and safety measures.
Photograph Permission and Release
This agreement applies to the minor you are registering for participation in MoMath’s summer camp program. In consideration of your wish to enroll a child in the Transformations summer camp at MoMath and related activities (collectively the “Camp”) of the National Museum of Mathematics, you agree to the following statements, in which “I” refers to you, the person registering the camper.
- that the National Museum of Mathematics (or its representatives) may take photographs or video of my child during my child’s participation in the Camp (“Photographs” or “Video”);
- that I irrevocably grant the National Museum of Mathematics (and its licensees and assigns) the worldwide right in perpetuity to use my child’s name, and my child’s likeness as depicted in the Photographs and/or Video in materials related to the National Museum of Mathematics’ educational and charitable mission, including the right to reproduce, distribute, modify, and publicly display the Photographs and/or Video in any medium now known or later developed, including, promotion and fundraising for the National Museum of Mathematics; and
- on behalf of my child, myself, my heirs, family members, and executors, I irrevocably release the National Museum of Mathematics from any claim of any nature, known or unknown, that I have or ever may have (including for invasion of privacy, libel, slander, portraying me in a false light, or breach of my right of publicity) based on use of the Photographs and/or Video or my child’s name or likeness as described.
I understand that the National Museum of Mathematics will rely on this release and that I may not revoke my permission or release. These terms are governed by the laws of the State of New York applicable to releases.
I am a parent or legal guardian of the minor listed above (see registration form), and I agree that such minor and I are bound by all the terms of this release.
By enrolling your child in Transformations, you are agreeing to the above terms and conditions.
* * *
Updated January 2022