By enrolling your child in camp at MoMath, you agree to the following policies and grant the following permission to the Museum:
1. Transformations begins at 9 am and ends at 3 pm daily, Monday through Friday.
(a) Early drop-off is not offered. Doors will open at 9 am. Adult chaperones will wait with their children until doors open. All children must be signed in by an adult chaperone, unless that child has a Dismissal Release Waiver on file with MoMath.
(b) Late pick-up options extend to 4 pm and 5 pm and will carry an additional fee. These options must be purchased in advance. Single-day extensions may be available (not guaranteed) with at least 24-hours advance notice via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be confirmed by the camp director.
(c) A five-minute grace period will be granted at dismissal. To minimize disruptions to the camp schedule, MoMath will assess late fees of $50 for every 30 minutes or portion thereof that an authorized adult is late to pick up a camper. This amount is payable immediately in the Additions gift shop at MoMath before departure. Parents/guardians, please make sure your caregivers are fully aware of this policy and that they are provided with the means to provide prompt payment on your behalf as needed.
(d) An adult must be at MoMath to pick up each camper every day. Campers will not be permitted to leave the premises without an adult unless that camper has attended middle school and has submitted a signed camp dismissal release waiver.
(e) MoMath does not typically provide lunch for campers. Each camper is expected to bring his or her own lunch and an optional snack. In the case of financial need, please contact MoMath. At times, MoMath will provide snacks or meals for special occasions or relevant activities. By summer camp tradition, a pizza lunch is typically offered every Friday, and ices are typically offered on Fridays during weeks that include a camper’s birthday. These activities are treated as privileges to campers and are explicitly not promised as part of the regular program offerings. Please note: Transformations is a nut-free environment; please do not bring lunch or snacks containing tree nuts or peanuts to camp.
(f) Acceptable footwear for campers are closed-toe shoes.
2. MoMath has a strict no-tipping policy. If you wish to express gratitude to any of the staff who work with your child, please consider making a donation to the museum in honor of that staffer. All donations are tax-deductible.
3. MoMath must have all relevant health and medical information for your camper. Your signature below confirms that all such information has been provided. Please note: MoMath does not have a nurse or other medical professional on the premises.
4. Camp activities can take place outside of the Museum, including and beyond Madison Square Park. Adequate and appropriate supervision will be provided for all offsite trips. By enrolling your child in Transformations, you give permission for your child to participate in any and all offsite trips from the Museum.
5. MoMath cannot provide refunds, credits, or make-up days for any reason.
Photograph Permission and Release
This agreement applies to the minor listed above (see registration form). In consideration of my wish to participate in the Transformations summer camp at MoMath and related activities (collectively the “Camp”) of the National Museum of Mathematics, I agree:
(1) that the National Museum of Mathematics (or its representatives) may take photographs or video of me during my participation in the Camp (“Photographs” or “Video”);
(2) that I irrevocably grant the National Museum of Mathematics (and its licensees and assigns) the worldwide right in perpetuity to use my name, and my likeness as depicted in the Photographs and/or Video in materials related to the National Museum of Mathematics’ educational and charitable mission, including the right to reproduce, distribute, modify, and publicly display the Photographs and/or Video in any medium now known or later developed, including, promotion and fundraising for the National Museum of Mathematics; and
(3) on behalf of myself, my heirs, family members, and executors, I irrevocably release the National Museum of Mathematics from any claim of any nature, known or unknown, that I have or ever may have (including for invasion of privacy, libel, slander, portraying me in a false light, or breach of my right of publicity) based on use of the Photographs and/or Video or my name or likeness as described.
I understand that the National Museum of Mathematics will rely on this release and that I may not revoke my permission or release. These terms are governed by the laws of the State of New York applicable to releases.
I am a parent or legal guardian of the minor listed above (see registration form), and I agree that such minor and I are bound by all the terms of this release.
* * *
Updated July 2019