Policies for Online Events & Photograph Release
By registering for a MoMath event or program held online, you agree to the following policies and grant the following permission to the Museum:
Online Event Policies
- Participants in online events or programs are expected to exhibit good behavior to ensure a positive experience for everyone. At its sole discretion, MoMath may remove a participant from an online event or program for behavioral reasons. If a participant is removed for behavioral reasons, no refund will be issued and the participant may be blocked from future online sessions.
- MoMath cannot provide refunds, credits, or transfers for any reason.
Photograph Permission and Release
This agreement applies to the Registrant(s)/Participant(s): In consideration of my wish to participate in an online event or program and related activities (collectively the “Event”) of the National Museum of Mathematics, I agree:
(1) that the National Museum of Mathematics (or its representatives) may take photographs or video of me during my participation in the Event (“Photographs” or “Video”);
(2) that I irrevocably grant the National Museum of Mathematics (and its licensees and assigns) the worldwide right in perpetuity to use my name, and my likeness as depicted in the Photographs and/or Video in materials related to the National Museum of Mathematics’ educational and charitable mission, including the right to reproduce, distribute, modify, and publicly display the Photographs and/or Video in any medium now known or later developed, including, promotion and fundraising for the National Museum of Mathematics; and
(3) on behalf of myself, my heirs, family members, and executors, I irrevocably release the National Museum of Mathematics from any claim of any nature, known or unknown, that I have or ever may have (including for invasion of privacy, libel, slander, portraying me in a false light, or breach of my right of publicity) based on use of the Photographs and/or Video or my name or likeness as described.
I understand that the National Museum of Mathematics will rely on this release and that I may not revoke my permission or release. These terms are governed by the laws of the State of New York applicable to releases.
In the case of a minor: I am a parent or legal guardian of the minor enrolled, and I agree that such minor and I are bound by all the terms of this release.